White Roofs Drive Energy Costs Down
Highly reflective “cool” roofs are having their day in the sun. During the warmest weather, studies have indicated that they lower roof temperatures by up to 40% and decrease the amount of heat transferred into a building’s interior. This helps reduce energy needs for cooling, and using less energy not only saves money it also reduces the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere. Conklin Roofing Systems meet the very highest standards for energy efficiency.
What Conklin Cool Roofs Do For You:
- Help lower the heat island effect
- Increase roof durability
- Lower air temperature surrounding air conditioner unit
- Provide sustainable roofing systems
- Recoating the existing roof reduces the amount of landfill waste
- Reduce air conditioning bills
Conklin Cool Roofs Are Proven Performers
A Benchmark Performance Under The Toughest Conditions
When the Florida Solar Energy Center decided to conduct a demonstration of the energy savings resulting from light-colored roofs, they looked for a product they believed would lower cooling costs during the hot Florida summer. The product they selected was Conklin’s Benchmark roof coating. Benchmark was applied to the roofs of seven retail shops in Cocoa, Florida strip mall. The results of the demonstration showed a 25.3% average reduction in cooling energy among the seven shops. Individual savings ranged from 13% to 48%.
Energy Star-Rated Protection
Conklin company is proud to be a partner of the EPA’s ENERGY STAR program; our white roof systems meet the EPA’s stringent guidelines for energy efficiency, and help protect the environment in a number of ways:
- Decrease the energy required to cool the building, resulting in less air pollution
- Reduce the amount of roofing materials discarded into landfills with exceptional sustainability
- Lessen summertime heat island effects in city environments, slowing down the formation of smog.
Savings for All Seasons
The outside temperature doesn’t have to be hot for Conklin roofing systems to reduce energy costs. Conklin’s Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Roof Systems and Single-Ply Membrane roofing systems have a layer of insulation that helps lower heating costs in the winter. With white, reflective coatings to reflect summer heat, Conklin Roofs are energy efficient all year round.
Conklin was one of the first companies to manufacture white, acrylic, roof coating systems in the 1970s and continues to develop some of the most innovative and sustainable roof coatings on the market. With over two billion square feet of roofing applied and thousands of satisfied customers, Conklin has changed the face of the roofing industry. Our trained Conklin Contractors apply your roof with skill and precision to protect your building for decades.
Conklin’s cool roofs meet the highest standards for reflectivity and emissivity.
These qualities result in a highly sustainable roof that:
- Reduces severe temperature fluctuations that cause thermal movement and stress
- Reflects Damaging UV Rays to help slow the aging process of the roof
- Lowers roof temperatures reducing the rate of chemical breakdown
Rapid Roof III meets the requirements of reflectivity and emissivity for inclusion in the CRRC program.
Conklin’s highly-reflective roof systems have been providing quality solutions to the roofing market since 1977.