As a roofing contractor, roofing leads are the backbone of your business. If you cant regularly generate new prospects, your business has little chance of success in 2021.
Most roofing contractors fail to drum up good leads to sustain their business simply because they don’t know where to look. Facebook, in particular, is an underutilized lead mine that many roofers fail to prospect.
That’s where we’re going to be focusing our attention today. We are going to show you how to get roofing leads on Facebook. If you are interested in learning more about other lead generation techniques, check out our blog or contact us with any questions.
Why is Facebook A Roofing Lead Goldmine?
Before we begin, you have to understand how ripe the Facebook field is for roofing leads. Take a look at some of the figures:
- Sheer Volume: Facebook is still one of the most dominant social media platforms in existence, for starters. The website boasts over 2 billion monthly users.
- The Right Audience: You don’t want to target too young people to own their own homes. The average U.S. Facebook user is 40 years old – the perfect age for homeowners. Conversely, fewer than 10% of people on Facebook are under the age of 18.
- Constant Traffic: Of the 69% of American adults who use Facebook, 74% of those people check the site every day. It’s like having an endless parade of cars drive by the company sign that you planted in a customer’s yard.
Based on these numbers alone, you’d be a fool not to use Facebook to drum up roofing leads. Oh yeah, did we mention it’s free? That’s right, using Facebook to get roofing leads is free. Of course, should you decide to use Facebook ads, you will have to pay a certain amount. But otherwise, all you have to do is invest your time and effort. So now, let’s get started teaching you how to get roofing leads on Facebook.
Use Facebook Marketing To Get Roofing Leads
People who use Facebook to generate business leads but fail usually don’t take the time to understand the nature of Facebook. People don’t log onto Facebook to see many ads or be sold on products and services. It is a place to socialize and interact digitally. So your Facebook marketing campaign shouldn’t be focused mainly on sales. Think about who your audience is:
- The age group most likely to own homes (35-65)
- The people in your immediate geographic location
- People who are at least somewhat tech-savvy
- People interested in roofing services
When you build an audience profile based on these and other criteria (you may also do commercial work or offer specialty services), you can start to get an idea of your message. Striking the right tone on social media is very important to winning leads. The right style will be the one that resonates with your target audience.
Share Informative Content on Facebook
Now that you have an idea of who your audience is, it’s time to start educating them. Again, your social media content shouldn’t be too sales-oriented. Instead, it would be best if you used Facebook to:
- Educate people on roofing and roofing services
- Connect with your community
- Increase traffic to your website
- Tell people about your company
One of the most effective ways to generate leads with Facebook is to offer valuable posts that teach your followers something they didn’t know about roofing. You can also connect with them by introducing yourself and your team to them through stories and videos.
Remember to include a link to your website in all of your Facebook posts. That’s how you use it to increase traffic to your website.
Brand Your Roofing Company Through Facebook
Another great way to generate leads on Facebook is with consistent branding. Make sure you use your company’s logo as your Facebook avatar. Your Facebook profile name should be your business name (or as close as you can get to it if it’s already taken). Include your company slogan in posts as well.
That way, when people see your logo on a service vehicle in real life, they will connect the brand with the Facebook account they interacted with online. Why is that important? Because people tend to trust brands that they recognize. The numbers don’t lie either.
Studies have shown that consistent branding alone can increase revenue by 23%. The uptick indicates that people buy more services because of brand recognition. So you must utilize your logo, slogan, company name, fonts, and even company colors consistently both online and in real life.
Publish Roofing Videos on Facebook
Facebook video is enormous. People spend 100 million hours watching videos on Facebook every day. Therefore, creating video posts for Facebook is a vast opportunity to drum up leads for your roofing business. But, again, don’t be too sales-oriented. Here are some value-oriented Facebook video ideas:
- Roofing Maintenance How-To’s: Simple “how-to” videos can get many impressions and create traffic. Consider a video that shows people how to clean their gutters safely or something else along that line.
- Winter Tips: Many people are concerned with how their roof will hold up during the winter, so try creating a video outlining tips for roof winterization.
- Before and After Videos: Nothing shows people what you can like a good before and after video. Document a damaged roof with video along with a story on how the roof got damaged. Then, connect that with video footage of the repaired roof with a brief explanation of the work that went into it.
Publish Facebook Lead Ads
While there are many ways to funnel Facebook leads to your roofing company’s website or other landing pages, Facebook also allows advertisers to create lead ads directly on Facebook. With lead ads, pre-populated forms empower users to submit info without much effort, especially on mobile devices.
Most users don’t want to take the time to fill out all of their contact information, so it increases conversions when Facebook produces it automatically. Of course, you may get some less-than-interested submissions from people who weren’t paying enough attention, but overall you will generate more roofing leads than ever before.2All suggestions2 more suggestions