Does your commercial building have a rubber or EPDM roofing system? If so, its effectiveness is largely determined by its current condition. Proper installation can prevent many problems, but all roofing structures develop wear and tear over time. If installation was botched, problems will start to manifest very quickly and require your attention. While a faulty installation is a big issue that damages an EPDM roofing system, other issues can afflict this type of roof. Other things that can affect an EPDM or rubber roof include:
Depending on the severity of the damage, you could be a candidate for a rubber roof coating from the Roofer’s Guild network. We are a roofing association that can connect you to a roofer in your area that is licensed, insured, and ready to help you. Our trained contractors will assess your roof’s current condition, and present your available options based on the findings. We believe an informed customer makes the best decisions, and one they will be happy with for years to come. For rubber roof coating services, call us at (877) 532-3852.
Benefits of Rubber Roof Coatings
Coatings are a restoration option for EPDM roofs, and they offer various advantages, especially when compared to roof replacement. Coatings are notably affordable, and allow you to reinforce your structure for a mere fraction of the cost of a traditional replacement. In addition, coatings are applied over current structures, preventing tear offs and their subsequent landfill waste, and helping the environment. To review, benefits of rubber roof coatings include:
- Cost: Tearing off a roof is not only going to increase landfill waste, but it is also going to be expensive paying for the material and labor. A rubber roof coating is a more affordable solution to replacing your entire roof.
- Durability: A rubber roof coating isn’t just going to save you money, but it is going to make your roofing system a lot more durable and resistant to damages.
- Environment: Because tearing off roofing materials is just adding to landfill waste, it is better to go with a roof coating. A rubber roof coating doesn’t require a roofer to rip off an entire roof, which can decrease your carbon footprint.
- Longevity: Do you want a roofing system that is going to last for a lot longer? With a new roof you can get that, but instead of paying for a whole new material, you can invest in a roof coating, which adds 10 years to a roof.
- Protection: If you are interested in protecting your roof and keeping it in good condition, getting a rubber roof coating is a good idea.
- Reflectivity: The great thing about roof coatings is that they can make a roofing system more reflective. A more reflective roof doesn’t just protect against UV damage, but it can cut down on cooling costs.
There are multiple types of rubber roof coatings, and it is not a one-size-fits-all process. For example, vulcanized rubber requires a specific type of coating that will stick to its thermoset material. If you are unsure about what coating you need, have no worries. The contractors from Roofer’s Guild will walk you through the entire process before any final decisions are made. If successfully applied, coatings can add 10 years to the roof’s lifespan.
Choosing The Right Roof Coating
If you feel your roof is still salvageable, but requires restoration of some kind, you should strongly consider a rubber roof coating from the roofers at the Roofer’s Guild network. As a commercial building owner, you understand that cost is always a factor. ROI matters, and extending the life of your roof for a fraction of the cost of replacement, provides massive ROI potential. It is important that whichever contractor you choose, is both reputable and trustworthy. When you choose our roofing network, you can expert that every roofer is highly qualified and experienced.
As a contractor for Roofer’s Guild, you must meet a certain standard. We preach customer service to all of our members, and mandate their participation in our philosophy. Performance, ethics, and transparency are the pillars to our business, which is why we review each roofing contractor option thoroughly before service. If you are looking for a roofing company that will look out for you, we will find you someone that you are able to depend on. To learn more about the benefits of a rubber roof coating or to set up an appointment, give us a call today at (877) 532-3852.